Field Service Management
What is Field Service Management?
With technology now enabling organisations to deliver digital innovation strategies that transform how services are delivered, the term Field Service Management is becoming ever more prevalent. Organisations are turning towards Field Service Management technologies to help them save on costs, increase the capacity of their workforce, assure compliance with standards and ultimately deliver a great service to their customers.
Ultimately it means organisations taking a holistic approach to improving the planning, delivery and analysis of how they are delivering field service to their customers.
- Organisation’s have an increased understanding of the current situation of work. Being provided with detailed visibility of assets and how services are being delivered means they can have confidence that everything is how it should be, while also controlling costs and maximising productivity
- The field workforce is empowered to deliver a market leading service as they are equipped with all the information and equipment they require to successfully undertake the work in a manner that complies with their company’s standards
- Customer’s receive an improved service that is delivered in a timelier manner. With improved interactions between the organisation and their staff, customers are provided with an enhanced experience and an increase in confidence surrounding service quality.
What value does this provide organisations?
- Have an increased visibility and understanding of all assets and detect any issues or potential actions that may be required
- Better manage work orders, associated costs and increase visibility of ongoing work
- More efficiently assign required work to their workforce
- Control the usage and ordering of materials
- Empower staff with all information and equipment required to effectively deliver the service
- Enhance the interaction between an organisation and their customer
Field Service Management Hub Resources
From the Blog
5 Steps to Successful Field Service Management
The Benefits of Field Service Management
The New World of Field Service Scheduling Part 2
The New World of Field Service Scheduling Part 1
Manufacturing & Field Service Management
Millennials and Field Service Management
User Experience and Field Service Management
Predictive Field Service Management – Why is it important?
What Helps Deliver Great Field Service Management?
- Understand Your Assets
- Manage Upcoming Work
- Effectively Schedule Work
- Empower the Workforce
- Data at the Core
Organisations should look to gain full and detailed visibility of the current situation across all of their key assets.
Details such as location, working status and level of usage should all be something that can be easily accessed and analysed. As a start this enables them to be more proactive to any issues as they occur and deliver services in a timelier manner. Over time, organisations can begin to spot trends in assets, enabling them to react and prevent problems, before they even develop.
Organisations need to ensure they are effectively managing all outstanding work orders, either planned or responsive.
This means improving the understanding of exact job tasks, skills required, and previous histories, as well as all implications relating to costing and materials. This ensures there is a clarity and confidence in the services that are required, preventing the likelihood of unwanted surprises.
It’s a case of having absolute confidence that the right member of staff is undertaking the right item of work at the right time.
Importantly it’s also a case of ensuring that this is done in a manner that suits the objectives of the organisation and the expectation of the customer while also taking into consideration any SLAs and KPIs. Further to this, organisations need to provide themselves with the element of flexibility, that will allow them to react appropriately as changes may occur over the course of the working day.
Staff should be empowered with the ability to capture relative job information as well as any supporting details such as job history or useful guides.
Then effectively capture job details in a way that reduces administration and data entry, they are empowered to deliver a more streamlined and higher quality service.
The ability to capture, analyse and evidence data at every point of field service delivery provides organisations with a basis to drive Field Service Management.
Improved data capture and management not only enables organisations to better understand the current situation, but it also can help uncover trends and potential issues, as well as providing the ability to evidence work that has been undertaken, when it was completed and by who.
How Totalmobile Enables Great Field Service Management
IoT Enabled Predictive Job Creation
Sense from Totalmobile provides IoT technologies, included connected sensors and rules engines that allow the creation of work to be automated and assigned without the need for human intervention.
Cloud Based Job Management
Connect from Totalmobile is a cloud based, intuitive job management solution that provides visibility and control of complex tasks, enabling the streamlined delivery of work.
Dynamic Workforce Scheduling
Optimise from Totalmobile offers a dynamic scheduling solution that ensures the efficient allocation of resources to achieve complex scheduling goals based on time, location, availability and service levels. Read more about Optimise.
Mobile Workforce Management
Mobilise from Totalmobile is a mobile working solution that empowers the mobile workforce with the ability to capture intelligent data and access the information they need to deliver services effectively, first time.
Service Data and Analytics
Insight is a data and analytics solution that provides organisations with access to rich data, offering deep insights into the delivery of field services.