Life at Totalmobile
Totalmobile creates mobile working solutions that release the potential in our mobile workforces. We develop our solutions with our customers in mind, which builds a creative and ambitious working environment.
We embrace diversity and champion development in a fun and supportive environment. There are plenty of activities for our staff to take part in, from xbox challenges, to staff lunches and plenty of charity events.
We believe in providing a working environment that inspires creativity.
Not only will you be part of a diverse and ambitious team, you’ll receive 25 days’ annual leave, plus 8 statutory public holidays, as well as an additional day off for your birthday! Employees can also avail of a pension scheme and a cash back health care programme.
Responsible to: Chief Technology Officer
Liaison with: All Departments, Clients and Partners
Main Purpose of Job
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Development Director/Manager to join our Belfast core development team, delivering high quality field worker mobile and scheduling solutions.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Management of Development Department and Product Development Teams
- Implement continuous improvement across the department and adoption of agile processes
- Full responsibility for managing, motivating, coaching, recruiting and developing the Development Team
- Central point of contact for key stakeholders across the business, including requirements capture, prioritisation, planning and estimates to ensure business needs are met
- Resource forecasting and planning to meet product release plans.
- Delivering the programme of work including running key meetings, such as Development Roadmap Reviews and facilitating Sprint Demos.
- Management and governance of incidents, problems, changes including escalations, meeting SLAs and driving best practice across teams
- Interaction with Clients and Partners
- Alignment of department to business and strategic goals
Education and Experience
- Relevant degree
- 6+ years commercial software development experience
- Leadership and people management experience
- Knowledge of modern SaaS technologies, Web, Mobile and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Software development project management and staff management.
- Knowledge of scrum and driving continuous improvement
- Engineering practices including DevOps, CI/CD, automated testing and infrastructure as code experience.
- Able to demonstrate effective stakeholder and peer management of business and IT leaders
- Able to drive value, take ownership, provide effective team management, manage costs and continually ship high quality software solutions
- Ability to inspire a team
- Excellent communication skills, planning and organizational skills
Role would benefit an experienced software development manager or an ambitious individual looking to grow into this key role (with previous strong development/lead experience).
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV, outlining how you meet the criteria to email@example.com by 5pm Thursday 11th March 2021.