What is Field Engineer Scheduling Software?
Scheduling is the process of arranging, controlling and optimising work and workloads in a production process. In relation to mobile working, scheduling involves managing your mobile workforce and their workloads, planning their daily rota and activities whilst dealing with other operational requirements of the job such as annual leave and sickness. It is essential to any business as without it, planners are manually inputting information and re-arranging schedules which can be a time-consuming process, whilst dealing with the day to day complexities including changes to schedules and appointment delays.
Field Engineer Scheduling Software allows organisations to schedule and dispatch the right field worker to the right job, ensuring they are fully equipped to carry out an appointment or service. The software efficiently automates and optimises scheduling processes, allowing organisations to meet KPI’s, first time fixes, whilst reducing costs and increasing the capacity of their field workforce. The solution works with the scheduler to make intelligent decisions based on the business objectives and requirements of the day. It allows easy access to live job information and changes in real time as and when is required.
What value does Field Engineer Scheduling Software provide for your organisation?
Implementing a scheduling solution can help drive efficiencies enabling your workforce to complete more jobs in a day. Field Engineer Scheduling Software enables organisations to create a paperless environment, whilst improving the capacity of field engineers as well as meeting those all-important customer SLA’s. It also creates visibility as to what’s going on throughout the day and that visibility could be vital to your organisation. Additionally, Field Engineer Scheduling Software ensures planning managers can allocate and reallocate work as the day unfolds, enabling effective capacity planning, field workforce scheduling and an improved service delivery.
Field Engineer Scheduling Software provides organisations with the ability to:
- Track and monitor work orders to completion
- Reduce paper-based processes and schedules, while also reducing the need to travel back and forth to the office
- Provides field-based staff visibility to their schedule along with routed travel plans in advance of their day, ensuring an efficient service and allowing field engineers to get straight to work
- Identify teams and areas that perform well
- Save on costs as routes to jobs are optimised, which reduces travel time for field-based staff and increases their capacity and productivity to complete more jobs
- Meet those all-important SLA targets while meeting the demand of your customers
- Improve communications between office and field-based staff and between field-based staff and customers
This approach leads to positive outcomes for the organisation, field-based staff and the customer themselves:
Organisations have a greater understanding of the situation of work, with access to real time information, issues can be responded to as the day unfolds. Additionally, scheduling provides complete visibility of organisations’ field-based workforce detailing their whereabouts, how many jobs have been completed and whether work needs reallocated.
Field Engineer Scheduling Software empowers engineers with everything they need to deliver a great service. By equipping field staff with the right tools via their mobile device to complete jobs and access appointment information in advance, field service engineers can ensure they complete more jobs on time, first time round.
With an improved communication process between field engineers and the customer, service users can be confident they’ll receive an efficient and consistent customer experience.
What helps deliver great Field Engineer Scheduling Software?
Field Engineer Scheduling Software helps deliver significant efficiencies for organisations and their field service workforce.
Visibility of engineer schedules
Field Engineer Scheduling Software can handle small teams or large workforces and even multiple teams at once. It provides a complete view of the current status of staff diaries with live colour-coded feedback from user devices, including when work has started, is completed, is overrunning or scheduled to start late. This visibility allows planning managers to respond and react immediately ensuring services are delivered efficiently.
Manage upcoming work
Trying to pair field staff to a specific visit can be a time-consuming process when managing a mobile workforce with individual skills. However, Field Engineer Scheduling Software simplifies this procedure for you, ensuring an easy and efficient scheduling process and enabling completion of work orders from start to finish. Businesses can ensure they are able carry out field service management processes while meeting the requirements and goals of the organisation.
Effectively schedule work
Field Engineer Scheduling Software provides organisations with confidence that the right member of staff is undertaking the right item of work at the right time. This not only ensures that organisations meet their objectives such as SLAs and KPIs but also meet the requirements and expectations of the customer. Organisations can ensure they are continually optimising and improving their schedule throughout the day.
Data driven insights
Improved data capture and management not only enables organisations to better understand the current situation, but it can also help uncover trends and potential issues, as well as providing the ability to evidence work that has been undertaken, when it was completed and by who. Data such as who is performing well, how many appointments were completed or weren’t completed provides organisations with the ability to make informed business decisions to increase business efficiencies. Additionally, organisations can use the insights generated from their field workforce to deal with challenges that occur throughout the day and react to problems efficiently.
How Totalmobile enables great Field Engineer Scheduling Software
- Mobile Workforce Management – Mobilise from Totalmobile is a mobile working solution that empowers the mobile workforce with the ability to capture intelligent data and access the information they need to deliver services effectively, first time. Read more about Mobilise.
- Dynamic Workforce Scheduling – Optimise from Totalmobile offers a dynamic scheduling solution that ensures the efficient allocation of resources to achieve complex scheduling goals based on time, location, availability and service levels. Read more about Optimise.
- IoT Enabled Predictive Job Creation – Sense from Totalmobile provides IoT technologies, included connected sensors and rules engines that allow the creation of work to be automated and assigned without the need for human intervention. Read more about Sense
- Cloud Based Job Management – Connect from Totalmobile is a cloud based, intuitive job management solution that provides visibility and control of complex tasks, enabling the streamlined delivery of work. Read more about Connect
- Service Data and Analytics – Insight is a data and analytics solution that provides organisations with access to rich data, offering deep insights into the delivery of field services. Read more about Insight.