What is Connected Field Service IoT?
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the connectivity of an object with the internet. Today, the implementation of IoT is revolutionising the way the field service industry carries out its business.
Connected Field Service IoT connects the gap between field service management software and IoT devices to diagnose issues before they occur, capture real time device monitoring and make intelligent decisions.
Connected Field Service is a combination of cloud, IoT technology and field service management systems which use rules to control when alerts are issued or to set up work orders for field service teams to process. By connecting Field Service management platforms with IoT devices, mobile working, scheduling and asset management, your organisation can become proactive in your delivery of service.
What value does Connected Field Service IoT provide for your organisation?
IoT is transforming workforce management today by analysing information, enabling automated job allocation and driving efficiencies for organisations. Mobile technology and IoT Connected Field Service work well together, capturing real time data and enabling access to that information when it is needed most.
Connected Field Service IoT provides organisations with the ability to:
- Capture real time data and enable access to that information when it is needed most, automate scheduling as key events are triggered ensuring work is assigned to the right person
- Turn valuable data captured from sensors into jobs and tasks through the use of IoT and dynamic scheduling
- Ensures work is completed efficiently while encouraging pro-active monitoring which in the long term prevents unnecessary work or escalated issues
- Enables automated processes through sensors and devices which drive consistency in service delivery for both the customer and the mobile worker
Organisation’s have an increased visibility of issues before they occur, they can automate processes to ensure services are delivered efficiently, compliance is met, cost is reduced, and productivity and capacity is improved.
Organisations can also use the data driven from sensors to detect if preventative maintenance is required. Costs are reduced by dispatching the right field staff only when required.
Your field workforce can benefit from an improved employee satisfaction as the visibility captured by the sensors ensures that they are fully prepared and equipped for each job. This also provides an improved job satisfaction. Additionally, your field workforce can accelerate repair jobs as they are fully equipped for first time fixes.
Sensor data leads to a better understanding of your customer needs, issues are addressed faster before customers are even aware there is a problem. Customers can therefore receive a more efficient service as processes are automated enabling a more proactive approach to service delivery and enhances standards.
What helps deliver great Connected Field Service IoT?
Drive operational efficiency and optimise your resources
By automating the field service IoT process, organisations can benefit from improved service delivery, by allowing issues to be detected earlier and the appropriate action to be taken. This saves significant costs and resources for both the organisation and the customer.
Engage your customers and create a new level of integration
By ensuring that the right jobs are being worked on at the right time, your organisation gains the added value of being more proactive and connected to your customers. This ensures that customers are experiencing services of the highest quality with a solution that is tailored to their needs and enabling them to perform at maximum proficiency.
Gain an increased visibility and understanding of all assets and detect any issues or potential actions that may be required. With the new ability to continuously monitor all assets, events and environments, organisations have significantly increased understanding of the current situation of work. This enhanced understanding allows them to make better decisions for the future but with Connected Field Service IoT, it allows them to be far more proactive and solve problems in many cases than ever before.
Transforming the role of the field worker
Empower staff with all the information and equipment required to effectively deliver the required service. Staff only need to work on jobs that they are required to, therefore putting their skills to best use. Staff are also provided with a new depth of insights meaning they are empowered with the information and equipment to deliver the best service possible.
How Totalmobile enables great Connected Field Service IoT?
- IoT Enabled Predictive Job Creation – Sense from Totalmobile provides IoT technologies, included connected sensors and rules engines that allow the creation of work to be automated and assigned without the need for human intervention. Read more about Sense
- Cloud Based Job Management – Connect from Totalmobile is a cloud based, intuitive job management solution that provides visibility and control of complex tasks, enabling the streamlined delivery of work. Read more about Connect
- Dynamic Workforce Scheduling – Optimise from Totalmobile offers a dynamic scheduling solution that ensures the efficient allocation of resources to achieve complex scheduling goals based on time, location, availability and service levels. Read more about Optimise.
- Mobile Workforce Management – Mobilise from Totalmobile is a mobile working solution that empowers the mobile workforce with the ability to capture intelligent data and access the information they need to deliver services effectively, first time. Read more about Mobilise.
- Service Data and Analytics – Insight is a data and analytics solution that provides organisations with access to rich data, offering deep insights into the delivery of field services. Read more about Insight.