Fife Council Health and Social Care Partnership
Fife Council’s Health and Social Care Partnership is responsible for arranging social care services for people and communities in Fife.
Every day, the service makes a real difference to people’s lives at times of personal or family need.
Implementing mobile technology has been a major focus for Fife Council, to ensure that they are able to continue to support people at home with the highest quality of care. As a result of this need, they deployed solutions from Totalmobile, including mobile workforce management and dynamic scheduling to approximately 900 home carers, across 31 local patches, covering all of Fife.
Fife Council set out with a clear objective – “Transforming Care at Home through the effective use of mobile technology”.
- The enablement of dynamic scheduling;
- Better tracking, visibility & reporting;
- Increased job satisfaction;
- Improved service delivery.
Fife Council recognised that by investing in mobile technology and dynamic scheduling from Totalmobile’s WorkNow platform, they could transform the way they balance supply/demand and respond to changes.
As a result of implementing a mobile working strategy, the solutions have helped them to achieve ground breaking results and truly embrace mobile working.
• Work more locally and in a more co-ordinated way;
• Improve consistency of service for service users, regardless of location across Fife;
• Manage last minute cancelled appointments through real time co-ordination and response;
• Respond to re-scheduled visits live whether by car or on foot;
• Monitor real time performance using clear visual data;
• Reduce unnecessary mileage/fuel costs/time spent travelling across vast geographies;
They have achieved huge benefits as a result of mobile working:
• 35% increase in the internal capacity to take on new service users (up from 1100 to 1450);
• A reduction of 50% in the weekly number of missed visits;
• Reduced travel time for local carers due to optimised plans;
• Improved continuity of care following data cleansing and review;
• Improved reporting and visibility.
In financial terms, Fife Council will deliver savings of approximately £2.35 million per year in this area. However, for them the
focus is on real people. Mobile workforce management and dynamic scheduling has positively impacted on thousands of the residents of Fife by enabling staff to deliver continuity of care and meet appointed times.