Totalmobile to integrate EMIS Health API into software for frontline healthcare workers
- Totalmobile becomes world’s first mobile working software provider to sign up to EMIS Health’s Partner Program
- Partnership will result in improved productivity for healthcare professionals and most importantly, better patient care
Totalmobile has become the world’s first mobile workforce management solution provider to partner with EMIS Health, and will integrate the firm’s APIs into its mobile working software.
The partnership will provide huge benefits for frontline health workers and patients alike, once the APIs are fully integrated into Totalmobile’s suite of products. For example, healthcare professionals will be able to gain a more contextual view of a patient’s health records while on the move, online or offline, boosting productivity and improving patient care. It paves the way to gaining an accurate view of a patient’s health across all departments and agencies.
“This partnership is a positive step forward for everyone,” said Jim Darragh, CEO of Totalmobile. “By delivering full interoperability, multiple agencies will be able to work together seamlessly; a nurse can record the latest information which can be shared with a social worker, a GP or a relative. It’s a win-win, which will benefit both patients and healthcare workers alike.
“Although we’re at the start of the journey with EMIS Health, we believe that by working together we can have a positive impact on people’s lives. The first steps are imminent, and we will build on this to achieve complete interoperability between systems.”
Belfast-based Totalmobile, one of the first firms to sign TechUK’s Interoperability Charter, offers a range of premium mobile workforce management solutions which will deliver full read and write access to EMIS Health’s patient records system. The agreement, which is through EMIS Health’s partner programme, provides a commitment from the two companies to work together to fully integrate their systems.
This will improve the delivery of patient records to the frontline healthcare professional, giving up to date, accurate information, enabling a higher standard of care and better patient outcomes.
Interoperability is at the heart of both companies’ strategic planning as it becomes a major strategy for health and social care sectors as they move towards the free sharing of data and ultimately the improvement of patient care.
Duane Lawrence, Managing Director at EMIS Health said: “We’re delighted to announce this partnership with Totalmobile. EMIS Health is committed to providing our customers with high quality software and choice, whether that’s through our own systems or via partners. The joint commitment to deliver the complex interoperability we’ll need between EMIS Web and Totalmobile is exactly what is needed to dramatically improve care delivery in the 21st century. We look forward to the journey with Totalmobile and the improved outcomes it will assist in providing the nation.”
For more information, please contact:
1. Siseley Coates-Harman, 10x, firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7127 6915
2. Hew Leith, 10x, email@example.com / 020 7127 6947
Notes to editors:
Totalmobile is an award-winning workforce management solution provider, with a 30 year pedigree. Its secure mobile software is used by a range of leading health and social care providers, local and central governments across the country, as well as a range of companies across the private sector, including those in construction, facilities management and utilities, to help them manage their workforce.
- 20% cost savings to spend on something good
- 33% more time to do what really matters
- 95% of users adopting and loving mobile
Every Totalmobile user can save up to two hours a day enabling more jobs or visits per worker per day. It gives employees access to all the information they need, anywhere they need it. This results in increased staff morale and service quality while reducing unnecessary paperwork, travel and cost. Totalmobile develops solutions with frontline workers for frontline workers making it intuitive and extremely easy to use. More at www.totalmobile.co.uk
About EMIS Health
EMIS Health is part of EMIS Group plc – the UK leader in connected healthcare software and services. www.emishealth.com. EMIS Health provides software and services to clinicians working across every major UK healthcare setting, including:
- primary care – market leader with 55% share of the UK GP market; its systems hold 40 million cradle to grave patient records
- community, children’s and mental health care – 16% UK market share
- secondary care – the majority of NHS acute trusts and boards use an EMIS Health system; its software holds 30 million patient records in A&E alone;
- community pharmacy – the single most used integrated community pharmacy and retail system, 37% market share
- specialist care – EMIS Health is the leading provider of software and services to support diabetic eye screening (77% English market share) and other ophthalmology and specialist services.