Field Service Management – What it means for Field Service Technicians
What is Field Service Management?
Field Service Management drives improvement and increases control across all aspects related to the delivery of field-based services.
Field Service Management & Technician Marketplace:
- There are currently 20 million Global Field Technicians
- Over 45% of Field Technicians say current tools are not fast enough
- Over 38% of Field Technicians say they can’t access the correct information
- Over 75% of organisations expected to use mobile apps for technical projects by end of 2020
- Over 3 billion smart phone users by 2021
- The global mobile workforce is expected to rise from the current 45 billion to 1.87 billion by 2022
- Field Service market growth expected increase from $2.56 billion to $5.08 billion in 2023
What does great Field Service Management look like?
- Empowers staff to complete jobs at the point of service
- Equips staff with the correct tools to do their job
- Allows for easy accessibility to job information
- Increases capacity with access to efficient travel routes
- Improves productivity with first time fixes
- Helps improve consistent customer service, enhances communication
- Ability to record and report on appointments, enables compliance
- Increased visibility and understanding of all assets
- Detects any issues or potential actions that may be required
- Better manage work orders, associated costs and increase visibility of ongoing work
Field Service Fundamentals:
To increase staff productivity and customer satisfaction, Field Service Technicians must be in the:
Right place, at the right time, with the right skills and the right equipment (can we show this with icons?)
A typical day for a Field Service Technician includes: (again show with icons?)
Travel – always on the move to meet customer expectations
Scheduling – scheduled appointments ensures the right engineer is at the right place at the right time.
Appointments / Jobs – easy access to job information such as appointment details, customer contact info and parts requirements.
Tracking – from parts, photos, signatures, to how many appointments carried out, everything is tracked via the field technician’s mobile device.
Reporting – Organisations can report on real time information to produce informative insights and help improve efficiencies.
How we can help:
Now is the time to implement change and begin to achieve the full benefits of an innovative Field Service Management solution. Contact us for further information on email@example.com or 028 90330 111.