For many Housing organisations there are an average of five properties a week that become vacant and are handed to the Repairs Team to inspect for any maintenance works required before they are re-let. Typically, the Repairs Team will visit each property and arrange for any repair works needed to bring them up to a ‘minimum lettable standard’.
This work will then be carried out by the In-House Team or one of the Housing providers 3rd party contractors. The time taken to get a property back to minimum lettable standard can vary, however the average time taken last year was 36 days. With the use of technology, housing departments can better manage and reduce end-to-end voids times.
This can be achieved in a variety of ways such as carrying out the capture of voids specifications via a mobile workforce management solution, allocate the work of operatives and subcontractors through a dynamic scheduling tool, and managing costs, invoices and re-charges with a fully integrated, modern job management platform. Organisations can also build transparent relationships between customers, contractors and sub-contractors, resulting in better efficiencies and greater productivity.
One of the main benefits is the ability to co-ordinate your workforce through intelligent scheduling meaning you are able to send the most appropriate person, in a nearby location, to the right job at the right time. In addition to assisting with planning, the use of technology also permits a great deal of flexibility: allowing supervisors to allocate work or enabling your workforce to create appointments and schedule work for themselves for the same day on their mobile device. Not only does this help reduce the mileage of your mobile workers (which equals fuel savings) but it’ll also help you to increase the number of jobs completed per day.
Voids management software helps your departments work together, from your workforce completing a survey, your call centre re-routing appropriate teams to immediately updating accounts. It is this integrated approach that offers you one view of all processes, providing you with a seamless way of reviewing data, which allows your voids to be fit for purpose sooner
The current situation for Housing associations carrying out Responsive Repairs works:
- Receiving Work Orders from customers via email or excel sheet or by logging in to the client system (rather than via direct integration with the client system).
- Performing planning in the back office with no visibility of location or availability of resources – work allocated on an ad hoc, first come first served basis.
- Health and Safety officers can only ensure compliance by physically visiting the site – no remote visibility of compliance.
- Field workers use paper track sheets to record hours, materials, plant and subcontractor details.
- Workaround solutions for the capture of photographs / proof of delivery via WhatsApp
- Difficulty providing clients with real-time status updates of work progress.
- Paper sheets arrive back in the office at the end of the day or end of week (or not at all) – implications for project cost tracking, inventory management, payroll, etc.
- Collation and double entry of data by admin staff in the back office into systems of record – manual data validation and approval – delayed management information, delayed client billing.
- Delayed management information can result in huge project losses before management find out – nothing they can do to fix it. No automatic jeopardy alerts highlighting performance issues.
- No process automation, therefore, can’t scale the business – can’t take on more work.
The Totalmobile solution is designed for housing associations for the full life cycle management of responsive repairs contracts, from the receipt of work orders from the client system through to work scheduling and submission of payment claims.
The solution includes executive dashboards showing operational, commercial, quality and health & safety performance metrics. The solution provides management with the insights they need to maintain high field worker productivity levels – which is key to ensuring contract Profitability.
The benefits provided by Totalmobile for housing associations:
Cloud Based: A modern, cloud based and intuitive job management solution that provides users with the visibility and ability to control complex tasks, enabling the streamlined delivery of work
Better Control Costs: Closely monitor operational costs, enabling you to manage assets, better control contractors, invoice quicker and maximise the efficiency of service delivery.
Improve Workforce Productivity: By better managing items of work, eliminating admin and removing non-productive time, your staff provide a more proactive service.
Visibility of Performance: Live insights that provide key performance data enables management to ensure that all compliance standards are being met, providing a basis for continuous improvement.
Real Time, Insightful Dashboards: Easy to read, real time dashboards that highlights key performance data, while also providing the ability to drill down into individual job details.
One Modern Integrated System, the solution provides all the features required of a job management system via an easy-to-use interface, bringing a modern approach to often-outdated technologies.
Importantly, it offers users with the ability to take advantage of mobile and scheduling capabilities via one solution that integrates with all back-office systems. This provides users with one seamless experience and enables significant cost savings by reducing the number of systems required.