Continental shift patterns Vs Panama shift patterns
- What is a continental shift pattern?
- How do continental shifts work?
- What are Panama shifts?
- What does a Panama schedule look like?
- What shift pattern is best?
What is a continental shift pattern? And how do continental shifts work?
- Two days, two nights followed by…
- Four rests or for 8 hour shifts
- Two mornings, two afternoons, two nights followed by…
- Two rests.
What are Panama shifts? And What does a Panama schedule look like?
This is why this can also be referred to as a 2-2-3 shift pattern. A key benefit of this pattern for employees is that it delivers 50% of weekends as rest periods in a 12 hour shift pattern as well as shorter runs of shifts. A downside though is that it necessitates 3 consecutive nights as well as having shorter rest breaks.
What shift pattern is best?
As you can see there are many shift pattern options to consider. Ultimately the best shift patterns for your organisation will balance many factors such as demand volatility, operational considerations and employee preferences.